Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Appreciation

Have you ever heard of the expression of "Overworked and underpaid" ?? Well basically i dun quite mind about the overworked part and i'm not underpaid either... but i what i do really mind is the appreciation part of the job... ... ... Well this post has really got me started thinking, since when i start to care about appreciation and recognition? Am i in dilemma in this? I really don't know but i guess this is a side-effect of working in a company such as this where appreciation and recognition is a part of ur life in the company. No recognition = no contribution = u r nothing ... a hard to swallow fact but i guess when in Rome do what the Roman do.

Anyway i really REALLY do care about is the appreciation from my "customer". I've We've been working our @4$ off for the past two and half months and in the end all i got was a notification saying i'm not good enuf to handle this project. What can i say to this? What more CAN i say? Well i decided to let them know about our hardship and seriously let them know that we are not as "comfortable" as they presume we are.

Did i do the right thing? Does saying what i said make a difference? What am i trying to achieve by saying what i said? Maybe i'm just seeking for some form of recognition from everyone or maybe i'm just trying voice out something for the benefit for everyone on the team. Am i being selfish or am i being protective of my teammates? Am i trying to protect myself or am i trying to protect everyone on the team? A part of me is psyco-ing myself saying that i'm protecting my team but a part of me is telling myself i'm being selfish. So who am i? Selfish or protective?

Bottom line... protective or selfish, i did something that have brought some good around here. At least now those "above" me knows what the hell is going on around here. Two more weeks, just two more weeks and its the end... ... and its the beginind of another cycle of endless work and countless hours... hahaha... welcome to the working world, welcome to my world, the world of the Iron Bangla(s)~~

1 comment:

~David~ said...

Just let go~come home! we playing game 99!