Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The hardship of work

The Hardship of Work

The tides has come and fade away
And I can't stop to wonder why I stay
Is this what I seek in life?
To work to slave and to learn to strife

Most I know work from 9 to 5
Yet I work from dawn to mid-night sky
Ever wonder what it worth?
To think about this make things worse

I vowed that I won't stay late
I vowed that I'll control my working state
But what I vowed I can't commit
As my workload seems to see no peak

A Pandora's box I have open
Leading my misery to grow worsen
Is this the price to climb the stairs?
To work my ass off and yet nobody cares

Will my contribution be seen and appreciate
Or will I be thrown aside and left to depreciate
I should speak up to be heard and to be seen
Else I might be thrown behind the scene

Can't help to wonder what bosses sees?
Am I an individual or something among the flea
If there is no future here for me to foresee
Then I'll take my bags cause it's time to flee


- From the pages of the Pathetic Poet -

No comments: