Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CNY Gambling

"I think it's a Chinese culture to gamble. Chinese can gamble on virtually anything."

I remember hearing this quote from some TV show sometime ago but i can't really remember where or when. But seriously it's rather true. Chinese does like to gamble and talking about gambling, the one and only time when gambling is "legal" in family POV is during CNY. Most families wouldn't allow their child to gamble on other days (well at least in my family) but on CNY, everything goes and it usually with a classic saying "Once a year"

Anyway i've stop gambling, even during CNY. Reason??? I've once gamble with my secondary school buddies and i lost a bundle... It was more than 4 years ago (may be longer), we were playing "chor dai dee" sorry i can't make it out in English so to those who knows, please educate me on this. We were playing 1 cent per card and i manage to lose more than 1 dollar plus... 1 cent a piece and i manage to lose 1 dollar plus... can u imagine the losing streak i was having. So on that day onwards i told myself not to gamble again ... and i was able to abide to this lil vow i made... until today ...

Well we had a secondary school buddies gathering today, started off at my friends shop for lunch before moving to Vincent's place. And to this guys, gambling is as part of their event as drinking. So we played a few rounds... And to my suprise i was in the zone. We started with some rounds of Blackjack where each of us took turns to be the banker and then moved on to Chor Dai Dee again. And to my suprise i was winning. It is the first time i really played again and i won... i actually won haha ...

Just wanna brag about it, i mean most of you will play and win right? But to someone who dont actually enjoy gambling, it was a great day for me ... Hey i started with RM2 and i manage to get ~RM25 when i left, and all this in about 3 hours of game.

And to bring me back to reality... ... ... i'm actually in my room now, working ... doing some waveform post processing + some Eye diagram for sATA ... HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR~~~~~

No comments: