Saturday, February 27, 2010

EH... a colleague, a counter part and hell of a basket of a friend

Actually this is something i should have blurted out yesterday but i didn't... Yesterday was the official last day of one of my best companion at work... the one and only O-EH. Seriously i have no idea that we've been colleagues for almost 2 years in that frozen labrinth we call lab. And yesterday was his last ... his last day in this hell hole.

Of all my colleagues, EH has a relatively special position. Of all the colleagues he is the only one whom i have no problem being myself. While i have a tendency to be on my best behaviour with each and everybody else, but with him i can just be the jerk that i am. Not forgotting the fact that he's usually the last remaining few guys in the lab that will always keep me company whenever we work late. He very much reminded me of how i was back in my secondary school days (and those were among my best days of my life). How you could NOT like a person who basically is a bundle of joy to be around.

I will miss our morning hellos ...
I will miss our daily chats ...
I will miss his cute and adorable face especially when he put on that fake smile of his ...
But the thing that i will miss the most is
... his companionship when i feel stressed and worn out
... our long night chats where we blurt out all our unpleasantness
... his presence during the long OT nights

I do not know whether will or when he might read this, but EH, if you are reading this. Thanks for being such a good friend, colleague and the jack a$$ that you are. I wish you a smooth sailing in your future journeys and may lady luck be with you every step of the way.

No comments: