Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Its a SONY

Today is my third time interviewing. In total i've applied 15 jobs + 1 interview from Finisar.... the day started out wif a rush.. I took a wrong turn from dad's place and again another wrong turn that caused me to miss the Seremban Highway... i dunno whether did i got caught for speeding... i was driving 9x on a 90kmh highway.. my day has just started off bad... but i wasn't going to let it interfere wif my interview.

Since i miss the Seremban highway i went through Kajang. I got to the 1st Sony building i saw... it wasn't the Sony i was looking for, so i got some directions from the guards there and was on my way. To the actual building, i parked the car and went in. After bring brought to the waiting room i began to notice that i'm the only Chinese there. The first thing that came to my mind was "This is a tough one". The interview began wif some tests. IQ test, english test and a math test. During the test i notice that the guy sitting next to me were not as strong as i throught he would basically i saw that i'm kind faster than him in the test so i made up some reason to calm myself i guess. After the test we went for our lunch. We started off as a group but as soon as i came out of the gents.. all of them were missing... so i had a lonely lunch in an alien environment. Although their cafeteria looks vry similiar to the PG4 cafeteria but at least they got more variety.

After lunch i went back to the so-called waiting room n waited. Later i was called and it all begin. The interview lasted for about half hour, they asked me about myself, my preference, my job expectations, n tested my knowledge on my IT skills but basically they hardly touched on the technical stuff. The fun part was when they asked me whether am i "attached" and when i said no, they further ask why and was that i have high standards.. feeling that this is meant to be a casual question i just aim and shoot back... i answered
"Well a relationship is not a simple thing, I mean if its a grade i wan for exam i can work hard and i can get it but its not the same case for a relationship. Its a very complicated thing, even more complicated than engineering"
Everyone just laughed when i answered and Mr Gan jsut had to agree with me hahaha

Anyway, after the interview i was asked to wait outside. At which i call bro and chatted on the phone and when i try to enter the inital room again, i found out that the waiting room i was just now wasn't really a waiting room.. its another interview room and i went barging in.. i felt so embrased.. About 10 min later i was ask to go back into to interview room and later... ... ... Mr Gan, the hiring dept manager went throught some details wif me and later asked his peers and b4 i know it... ... Mr Gan said that i was confirmed... and i was like.. "I'm hired???" hahaha .. it went so fast that i dun even know wat happened.

Later i went for the medical check up n collected my offer letter and went straight home.. it was a bit tiring for being out whole day, over panic etc... but i still feel good coz now i do not nid to worry about job... hehe but i nid to worry about my transport n logging... sigh.... well think about it later coz i nid to get my stuff straignt now... till then.. ciaoz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!!! :)

Leech said...

Thanx~~ ^^

ckyue said...

yea! wating smoebody to belanja me a meal! hehe..

Leech said...

yue: u think too much liao~~~ u got job oso no news, summore change so many times liao .... dissapointed in u aihhh hehhhehehe