Thursday, May 13, 2010

730 days in "I"

I can't believe how time has flew me by. Today marks the 2nd year that i've been with the "I" corperation. Althought i've been on board for 2 years but on the record i've only been there for 18 months. And in about 2 weeks time it will be my 3rd year working as an engineer not to mention to graduate from uni. These 3 years has been rather kind to me in terms of work. I have made many good friends and have many good colleagues in a good and condusive working environment. As a colleague of mine said "If you get good colleagues, consider yourself lucky. If you get bad colleagues consider that as normal."

Lets have a quick recap of what i've endured during this 3 years... ... ... ... i have experience super long working hours, and er ... erm... ar... well can't actually think if anything else i guess. After moving to Penang, it's been rather a different life. I have to tend to everything myself and i have nobody to tell me what to do. And how do i use all this freedom, i spend them at work. I work till it's nobody's business from early morning till very late at nite just to go back the lab early again the next day. Unlike when i was still in KL where i will most certainly reach home at certain hours of night.

Is this the proper life of an engineer? And in this 3 years i have learn a few myths related to engineering
1- Work life effectiveness... this term has been nothing much but a myth to me.
2- Engineers have very high pay ; depends on which line of engineering you are talk about basically
3- Engineers can fix virtually anything; hv you have friends who ask you to fix their TV just because you've worked in a TV factory?
4- Engineers are "kayu"; which i totally disagree coz i crack a lot of stupid jokes and most of the time it works... ...
5- Engineers are good with numbers; hmmm.. not me at least

All i can say is that, many people can study engineering but not all who graduate wants to be an engineer and those who wants to be an engineer, not all of them can be an engineer. Most importantly, those who can be an enginner not all will remained an engineer. So where does that leaves me?? I still like what i'm doing , being involved with technology and stuff... but until when? I wonder what will i say when i reach my 3rd year in this organization ... .... anticipating i guess...

Happy anniversary Leech...
by
The Leech....

^.^

No comments: