Friday, September 12, 2008

Over overtime

To those who just started working, they would have thought that over time is good. Since overtime means more money so more overtime == even more money. But somehow most of them forget 1 very important factor that make up overtime... time itself.

Working overtime is to work pass working hours which means additional time, YOUR personal time. While it pays but it degrades morales and really wears you out. I've been working virtually everyday for the past month and i can feel that my soul is slowly slipping away. My best guess would be that the overtime i get will just be enough to cover for my medical... I've only fill in my claim for 2weeks and it's already reach my limit of 60hrs. I wonder what would happen if i didn't have went for my vacation... i might will clock 100hrs here...

Since i started overtime, i've been seeing less of my friends and it really feels like your in isolation. Then you'll feel like ur social life is slowly degrading till a point you'll wonder what happen to your friends.

Overtime = 0 social time + 0 personal time + 0 of what ever you plan to do after work. IS this life?? Hey even for a lifeless workaholic such as i, i'm calling for a stop... i'm physically, mentally and spiritually spend... i nid to recharge... i nid to balance my life back, hopefully it could be done my next week.

Damn... its geting vry late... nid my sleep so i can go back to my battlefield a little more refreshed...

1 comment:

pinkylicious said...

If you're tired, take a break. If you dont have enough bandwidth, better voice out before boss assumes you're a suprer-hero :P.