Sunday, December 23, 2007

The 5 6 level of frenship

Well to those who heard me say this before, initially i've only said there are 5 hierarchy level of friendship and they are ....

Aquitance
Normal friends
Good friends
Clost friends
Buddies / Brethen

But after some incident that happened for this past few months, i can't help but to add another level to this hierarchy...

Aquitance
Normal friends
Play mate
Good friends
Close friends
Buddies / Brethen

Please try not to think to the other side of the word, as i am being serious here.

So why do i add this level there? As i was saying, tis past few months i've been experiencing something that i've not had before. To those of u who were following my blog, u might have noticed that i mention "The Ladies" a lot as they are among my closest girl friends in uni BUT~~ although i've placed them as my closest frens yet i do not know them as well as i should which got me to think that are we as close of a fren as i think we are? The reason that got me thinking about this is that, after knowing them for about 3 years, this year (after i graduate) is the oni time that i got invited to their bday celebs and to met up wif them that is NOT within the campus and the thing that really triggered this was when they begin to ask me questions about themselves... i could answer at all coz i totally dunno wat to say.

Y do i say play mate? Whenever i sees them in uni, i would walk up to them, crack some jokes, maybe try to pull some stupid stunts and then i'm gone, gone wif the wind; so its kinda like those "Out if sight, out if mind" kinda thing, so my presence is just mearly... just for fun. Never once i sat down wif them to talk about stuff that frens talk about, may be a little but never a serious session, its like i've never spend time to actually get to know them as well as i should. So am i worthy enuf to call them as my good friends?? I mean as good friends, i guess it would be normal to know each other's hobbies or favourite food/drink or their favourite activities right? But i know nothing of such things of them, and i doubt that they know mine either and if i were to post a question of
"Name 5 facts about me"
I believe most likely the answer that i would get would include:
  1. I'm Leech
  2. Articulate
  3. Active
  4. Likes gaming
  5. Helpful

I mean this are the kind of things that almost anyone who've met me could tell u but could u tell me more ?? I seriously doubt that they could in fact i think not many of my recently known frens could. So am i a good friend?? I doubt that about myself... sigh~

Anyway i couldn't believe how closed we've become after all of us has graduated from uni, we actually go out sometimes just to met up, which is something that has never and i do mean NEVER happened b4 in my uni days. Well i guess it's still ok for me to call them my closest friends in uni ... at least now, i do feel the "friendship" part in this friendship.

So the 1 million question now is, where do U think u are in MY hierarchical ladder?

P/S: If any of u ladies who are reading this... ... Please dun misunderstand me, i'm just saying this coz it's kinda odd for me to call u friends when i myself did not make any effort to further improve in our relationship, that's all... so please dun feel bad about this post.

3 comments:

ckyue said...

instead of 5 facts u shown..i know 1 more..u always headache!! :p

~David~ said...

eh...so i'm what level for u?

Leech said...

ckyue: wuakaka.. ya wo... i forgot laio tim hahaha... headache is another of my character traits hehe

noman, wat level are u ar... ... lvl 25, ultimate hahaha, where do u think u belong?