Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sinusitis

Sinus infection symptoms are caused by inflammation and blockage of the sinus cavities. Sinuses are hollow pockets of air located on either side of the nose, behind and in-between the eyes, and in the forehead. The sinuses produce mucus that cleans and moistens the membranes of the nose and throat. Each sinus has an opening into the nose that allows for free exchange of mucus and air. Sinus infection symptoms result when these openings get plugged. As mucus and pressure build in the sinuses, a perfect breading ground for bacterial growth is produced.

Sinus infection symptoms include:
- Headache
- Pain
- Upper jaw and tooth ache
- Tenderness around the nose, forehead and cheeks
- Swelling and pressure around the eyes
- Ear ache and infection
- Fever
- Weakness or fatigue
- A cough, runny nose or nasal congestion

Taken from http://www.xlear.com/articles/sinus-infection-symptoms.aspx

Informative enuf?? Sigh~~ My in-house doctor at work just diagnose me wif sinusitis or sinus infection... it was in sat after i took the medicine i got from the clinic that i start to feel a lil fever-ish and back then i was still out whole night wif HC and Liz, having dinner and visiting my poor fren YK.

Then on monday i start having a headache and i feel vry weak more to sleepy basically then i think i really nid to see the doc. To my disbelieve, there were a lot of ppl sick too that day hahaa... bad weather we r having here in KL. Then the doctor told me this... sinusitis. The best part was the fact that this is actually a life problem, it can't be cured it can only be prevented; double sigh. I think i might go and get a 2nd opinion coz i doubt anyone like to hear that they got a life problem.... Not long after that i took an MC and went home to rest. Tis is my 1st time getting and MC hahah.. feel kinda happy hahha.. else that 14days will be burned so y waste it =p

Anyway tis few days i was basically blowing my nose having tonnes of mucus and when i cough... my head felt like the head of a nail wif a hammer hitting on it... talk about hell. Anyway after a few days of medication and rest i think i'm feeling betta, but too bad is that my cough is still like a wild horse, totally out of control. I was at the point where i thought of buying my old inhaler to help to stop my coughing, i'm feeling a wheezing in between my coughs... To make matters worse, tis is suppose to be my holiday~~~!!!! Please i wanna enjoy my holiday~~~!!!!!

No comments: